Please read the following terms and conditions carefully, as your use of Service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions (“Terms”)
By subscribing to or using any of our Services, you agree that you have read, understood and are bound by the Terms, regardless of how you subscribe to or use the Services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms, you must not subscribe to or use our Services. These Terms and various other policies are binding as per the provisions of the Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011, formulated under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
In these Terms, references to “you”, “your”, “User” and “Customer” shall mean the end user accessing the website, its contents and using the Services offered through the website. “Service Providers” means independent third-party Service Providers. “We”, “us” and “our” shall mean CORDWAINERS and its affiliates.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is correct. However, we make no warranty or representation about the quality, delivery, accuracy, comprehensiveness, correctness or otherwise of the products and Services, or the discounts offered on the website, and provide all product/s on an ‘as is’ basis.
- a) www.cordwainers.in (“Website”) is an internet-based content and e-commerce portal owned and operated by Cordwainers—a company incorporated under the laws of India.
- b) Use of the Website is offered to you conditioned on acceptance without modification of all the terms, conditions and notices contained in these Terms, as may be posted on the Website from time to time. cordwainers.in, at its sole discretion, reserves the right not to accept a user’s registration on the Website without providing any reason.
User account, password and security
You will receive an account designation upon completing the Website’s registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account, and the password you provide to protect access to that account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify cordwainers.in of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. cordwainers.in cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this.
cordwainers.in provides a number of internet-based Services through the Website (all such Services, collectively, will be known as the “Service”). One such Service enables users to purchase original merchandise, such as footwear and accessories, from various fashion and lifestyle brands (collectively known as “Products”). The Products can be purchased through the Website through the various payment methods offered. The sale and/or purchase of Products shall be additionally governed by specific policies of sale, such as cancellation policy, return policy, etc (which can be viewed via the relevant links at the bottom of the front page at https://www.cordwainers.in), and all of which are incorporated here by reference. In addition, these terms and policies may be further supplemented by product-specific conditions, which may be displayed on the webpage of that product.
Most products displayed on the Website are available in our Cordwainers retail stores in India, whilst supplies last. In some cases, merchandise displayed for sale on the Website may not be available in stores. Products stocked may also vary from store to store. The particular technical specifications and settings of your computer and its display may affect the accuracy of its display of the colours of products offered on the Website.
The User agrees and undertakes not to reverse engineer, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the Website. Limited reproduction and copying of the content of the Website is permitted provided that www.cordwainers.in is stated as the source and prior written permission from us is sought. For the removal of doubt, it is clarified that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the content for commercial or non-commercial purposes and unwarranted modification of data and information within the content of the Website is not permitted.
User conduct and rules
You agree and undertake to use the Website and the Service only to post and upload messages and material that are proper. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree and undertake that when using a service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Website or another’s computer.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular service.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in or outside India.
- Violate, abuse, unethically manipulate or exploit any of the terms and conditions of this agreement or any other terms and conditions for the use of the Website contained elsewhere.
User warranty and representation
Exactness not guaranteed
cordwainers.in hereby disclaims any guarantees of exactness as to the finish and appearance of the final product as ordered by the User. The quality of any products purchased or obtained by you through the Website may not meet your expectations. Since leather is a natural product and each hide is different in absorbing colors, therefore look variations are normal and evidence of the uniqueness of every pair. Irregularities in the consistency and depth of the color are inherent of the natural tanning process and should not be considered as a defect. We have made every effort to display the colors of our products that appear on the website as accurately as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that the color you see on your device will exactly match what you receive on your shoes because of display settings and variations in manufacturing process. Alterations to certain aspects of your order, such as the merchandise brand, size, colour etc, may be required due to limitations caused by availability of product, difference in size charts of respective brands, etc. In such an instance, you agree that cordwainers.in will send an approval request via the e-mail address which you submitted when placing your order. If you do not agree with the requested change, you retain the right to reject the requested product change by replying to it within ten days of it being sent to you. cordwainers.in may re-request that you accept a product alteration one additional time if an alternative method to send your merchandise is available. If you reject this second request, your order will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded via your initial method of payment.
We reserve the right to, at any time after receipt of your transmitted order, accept or decline that order, or any portion thereof, even after your receipt of an order confirmation. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we will promptly issue a credit to your credit card account. All prices on this website are subject to change without notice. Prices stated at the time the order is placed apply. For information about our shipping and handling see our shipping policy on the Website. Cordwainers arranges for shipment of products purchased on the Website, but we are not liable for delays in shipments as shipping schedules are estimates and cannot be guaranteed.
Intellectual property rights
- Unless otherwise indicated, or anything contained to the contrary or any proprietary material owned by a third party is expressly mentioned, cordwainers.in owns all intellectual property rights to the Website, including, without limitation, any and all rights, title and interest in and to copyright, related rights, patents, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not), goodwill, source code, meta-tags, databases, text, content, graphics, icons, and hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use, reproduce or distribute any content from the Website belonging to cordwainers.in without obtaining express written authorisation from cordwainers.in.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is expressly stated that you will retain ownership and shall solely be responsible for any content that you provide or upload when using any service, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video or any other material which you may upload, transmit or store when making use of our various Services. However, with regard to the product customisation service (as against other Services like blogs and forums), you expressly agree that, by uploading and posting content on to the Website for public viewing and reproduction/use of your content by third party users, you accept the User whereby you grant a non-exclusive license for the use of the same.
Links to third-party websites
The Website may contain links to other websites (“Linked Sites”). Linked Sites are under neither our nor the Website’s control. cordwainers.in is not and will not be responsible for the contents of any Linked Sites, including, without limitation, any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. cordwainers.in is not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by you from any Linked Site. cordwainers.in provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us or the Website of the Linked Sites or any association with its operators or owners including the legal heirs or assignees thereof. Users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information themselves before undertaking any reliance on such information.
Disclaimer of warranties/limitation of liability
The information, Services and products offered for sale, and materials contained in and/or advertised on the Website, including, without limitation, text, graphics and links, are provided on an ‘as is’ basis with no warranty. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CORDWAINERS.IN AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO SUCH INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. In addition, cordwainers.in and its suppliers do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via the Website is accurate, complete or current. We are not responsible for typographical errors. In no event shall cordwainers.in be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from:
- The use or the inability to use the Services or Products.
- Unauthorised access to or alteration of the User’s transmissions or data.
- Any other matter relating to the Services, including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website or Services, even if cordwainers.in has been previously advised of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action, under contract, negligence or any other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or performance of the information, Services, products and materials available from the Website.
Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. cordwainers.in shall not be in default if this Website is rendered unusable by forces of nature, war, acts of terrorism, civil commotion, governmental action, fire, storm, flood, explosion, strikes, walkouts, internet or telecommunications failures, other industrial disturbances, or any other cause beyond our reasonable control. You understand that Cordwainers cannot and does not promise, guarantee or warrant that files you download through the Internet will be free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that may be destructive. You are responsible for implementing sufficient safeguards for yourself. Cordwainers does not assume any responsibility for your use of the internet. Neither shall cordwainers.in be responsible for the delay or inability to use the Website or related Services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise. Further, cordwainers.in shall not be held responsible for non-availability of the Website during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the Website that may occur due to technical reasons or for any reason beyond our control. Use of this website is at your own risk. The content is provided ‘as is’ and without any warranties, express or implied. Cordwainers disclaims all warranties, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Cordwainers does not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful elements. Cordwainers does not warrant or make any representation regarding any use of the content or accuracy. Cordwainers may make changes or improvements at any time. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the website is done entirely at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. You assume the entire cost of any loss or damage arising from the use of this website or its content. Cordwainers makes no warranty that your use of the content will not infringe the rights of others. Cordwainers assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in such content. All of the information on this website is current only as of the date it is posted.
cordwainers.in and its associated acquiring bank or financial institutions reserve the right to recover the cost of goods, collection charges and lawyers’ fees from persons using the Website fraudulently. cordwainers.in also hereby reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings against such persons for fraudulent use of the Website and any other unlawful acts or acts or omission in breach of these terms and conditions. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless cordwainers.in from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) asserted against or incurred by cordwainers.in that arise out of, result from, or may be payable by virtue of, any breach or non-performance of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or obligation to be performed by you pursuant to these Terms.
Prices for products are described on our Website and are incorporated into these Terms by reference. All prices are in Indian rupees. Prices, products and Services may change at our discretion without prior notification to you thereof.
Title and risk of loss for all products ordered by you will pass on to you upon shipment to the shipping carrier and/or courier Service Provider of repute. All products that are sold or purchased will be dispatched by us in terms of and shall be governed as per our shipping policy.
Cannot find your size ?
Due to very high demand, sometimes we may run out of the exact size you ordered. Don’t worry, this only happens rarely. And even when it does, we still get you the right size and ship your order within 15 days.
- in may suspend or terminate your use of the Website or any Service if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion that you have breached, violated, abused, or unethically manipulated or exploited any term of these Terms or in any way otherwise acted unethically.
- Notwithstanding Section 15a), above, these Terms will survive indefinitely unless and until cordwainers.in chooses to terminate them.
- If you or cordwainers.in terminates your use of the Website or any Service, we may or may not delete any content or other materials relating to your use of the Service and we will have no liability to you or any third party for doing so.
- You shall be liable to pay for any Service or product that you have already ordered till the time of Termination by either party whatsoever.
These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of India without reference to conflict of laws, principles and disputes arising in relation hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Patiala, Punjab
If any provision of the Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or part of such provision and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions of these Terms shall continue to be in full force and effect.
As per these Terms, Users are solely responsible for every material or content uploaded on to the Website. Users can be held legally liable for their contents and may be held legally accountable if their contents or material include, for example, defamatory comments or material protected by copyright, trademark, etc. If you come across any abuse or violation of these Terms, please report it to [email protected].
Use of information collected by us
Cordwainers may collect two types of information about Users when they use cordwainers.in and purchase products: “Personal Information” (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and payment card details) and “Aggregate Information” (such as information about how many users log on to our Website on a daily basis or frequency of customer visits to Cordwainers stores). We use customer information in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, promotions and contests. We may also use this information to make offers to you, to help us target specific products and services to you, and to help us develop and improve our Website and stores, and to tailor our Website and stores to your interests.
Order-related and promotional surveys, sweepstakes, electronic newsletters, mobile-phone marketing, blogs, customer reviews and e-mails to friends
You agree that cordwainers.in is authorised to transmit e-mails to you for the purpose of informing you about your particular transaction. In addition, www.cordwainers.in and its affiliates may offer:
- Electronic newsletters and promotional e-mails to those who have agreed to receive e-mails during registration or directly from our e-mail sign-up form.
- Mobile marketing communications to Users who submit their mobile telephone on this website.
- Invitations to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions.
If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may ask you for information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. We use the information you provide to administer our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We also may use the information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. Unsubscribe and opt-out instructions are included in each promotional e-mail. Additionally, you may be able to submit comments to blogs we host on this website as well as customer reviews of products you purchase. You may include personal information in your comment, and you also may submit your name with your comment. We use your name to identify you as a commenter.
You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. To send information to your friends, we ask for your e-mail address and your friends’ e-mail addresses. We use this information only to fulfil your request. We do not retain the information you provide in connection with this feature, except to send the requested content. We will not include any other advertisements within the messages sent to your friends.
Information collected online by cordwainers.in and at our stores
Individuals may choose to provide personal information through this website, in our stores and through our customer service line. Personal information is collected online when users voluntarily register with www.cordwainers.in to purchase items, receive electronic newsletters, use community and communication services, answer surveys and enter contests and other promotional opportunities provided on www.cordwainers.in, and when users utilise the “E-mail to a Friend” feature. We also maintain a record of your product interests and purchases online.
Aggregate information collected online by cordwainers.in and at our stores
Aggregate Information is non-personally identifiable/anonymous information about you, such as age, gender, types of product purchased, frequency of store visits, Website pages most frequently accessed or search terms entered. Aggregate Information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information. For example, the number of people who shopped at www.cordwainers.in during a specific time period or the number of people who shopped at our stores who are 25 years of age is aggregate information that does not personally identify a specific user. Both www.cordwainers.in and our stores collect aggregate Information, as may be permitted by applicable law.
In our stores, personal information may be collected from you in a number of ways, including the following:
- When you buy products or obtain services in our stores, we ask you for information we need to process your purchase or provide you with the Services you requested. Depending on the payment method you use, and as permitted by applicable law, we may ask for information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, driver’s license or ID number, passport number, checking account information or payment card information. We also collect information about your purchase, such as the items you bought, the price of the items, the payment method you used and whether the product was on sale. We use this information to process your transaction.
- When you buy products or obtain Services in our stores, we may ask you to complete a customer satisfaction survey. If you choose to do so, you may provide information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, age, gender and other demographic information, in addition to your comments. Provision of any of this information is optional. We use the information you provide to improve our products and services, and enhance your shopping experience.
- You may call our customer service line for information about our products or personal shopping advice. If you do so, we may ask you for information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and, if you choose to make a purchase, your payment card information. We use this information to respond to your request and process your transaction.
Other ways we obtain and use Information
In addition to the ways we collect information about you described above, we also may obtain information about you from third parties. We may use your personal information to provide you with products or services you request (such as tailoring services or merchandise returns), enhance your shopping experience and communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. In addition, we may use your personal information for internal purposes, such as fraud and theft prevention, accident reporting, development and administration of our sites and stores, data analytics, and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
Information we collect by automated means
We obtain certain information by automated means when you visit our website, such as the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our website to our visitors and understand what products and services you might prefer. We collect this information through various means, such as cookies and web beacons.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie and how to disable existing cookies. Without cookies, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Website features. For example, if you turn off cookies or refuse them, you will not be able to make purchases on the site.
Certain pages on this website contain web beacons (also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). Web beacons are used for internal purposes, such as to obtain the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page. We also retain service providers who use web beacons to assess the effectiveness of our e-mail communications and learn what pages our visitors viewed.
Information we share
We also may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order).
- On response to a request by law-enforcement authorities.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Links to other sites
This website may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. Such links may be to advertisers, content providers or other companies who may use our logo and/or style as a result of a co-branding agreement or other similar agreement.Linked sites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Cordwainers, any use of those sites, or the privacy practices of those sites. Cordwainers neither controls the content that appears on these sites nor takes any responsibility for their content. Neither should it be implied that cordwainers.in endorses or otherwise recommends such sites or their products or services offered.
Access and correction
Subject to applicable law, we may limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive. If at any time you would like us to remove you from our e-mail or postal mailing lists, please submit your request to the address specified in the Customer Support-FAQs section on this Website. Please include your name, e-mail address and postal address in your request. We will endeavor to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably practicable. However we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds and free of charge to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. You can choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing e-mails, or contacting us as specified in the Customer Support-FAQs section on this Website. Please include your name, e-mail address and postal address if you send us your request by e-mail or postal mail.
Children and privacy